Wednesday 20 July 2016

BB Post 2

BB Post 2

I was terribly nervous. My fist gig. Gordonstoun no less .Wellknown to most
for being the school of royalty,, Prince Charles, followed by  sons etc.

As it happened, the audience was a group of extremely attentive  six formers.
The  reception followed by  Q and A session was great..

 Later . At  a meeting with the head of PSE - Personal and Social Education ,he was so 
enthusiastic that he proceeded to give me  the the name of whole bunch of 
Public Schools down south, with which Gordonstoun apparently had a close
 connection.
 A happy bunny was I ! The pay was excellent too  They didnt' even want an invoice!

Thus was launched my 'career 'as a  public speaker in schools.

It was a little later that a publisher found my website and asked me if I would
like to write a book . Of course I would ! And so it all came bubbling out of my head
 and onto the page, No idea exactly how I did it? There were no drafts  as far
as I remember but plenty of corrections and so on.
The publisher then sent the book to all state and public schools in the UK.

At this stage I  still  have no idea what the schools did with the book-let. But it must
have gone into some school libraries as...One day I got an email from a girl who
had actually  found  a copy in the  library and admitted to me that she had taken
 it home as she liked it so much and told me that she would now ' stop cutting herself'!

THE BOOK

Contents
Introduction
Life ( or not)
Chapter 1:beliefs - Goals
Chapter 2: Language
Chapter 3 Our bodies 
Chapter 4: Emotions
Chapter 5: Money
Chapter 6: The Environment
Chapter 7: Role Models
To conclude 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment